Thursday, March 13, 2008

Baby Hats

I've been trying some new acrylic baby yarns (well, new to me!). One of them was called Red Heart (gasp!) Strata. It is a self-striping type yarn, worsted weight. I'm finding the degree of softness varies by colorway, but no matter which colorway I used, one washing/drying took care of any stiffness in the yarn. After washing, this stuff's as soft as a baby's bottom! Here are some samples:





I think that last colorway would be better used for older children's hats instead of baby hats, actually.


I also found some Simply Soft Baby yarn this week and gave that a try. I like this better than regular Simply Soft. It's plumper, and has a tighter twist than regular Simply Soft. The finished product has a lot of "sproing" to it, just like merino would. It comes in a lot of different colors, too

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm going to try Strata. I like the way it looks. Who makes Simply Soft Baby yarn?